- Fresh females were picked up from
- The specimen was incubated at
in-situ temperature (0ᵒC) on board, and the reproduced eggs were counted
- The eggs were incubated until
- Successful reproduction by
pacific copepods were confirmed.
The number of eggs were similar to that of Pacific.
- Hatching rate was very low at 7.5%, which is normally 90% in Pacific.
- It could be caused by the unfertilized eggs
were abundant in the reproduced eggs.
- Because of that, establishment of
the pacific copepods in Arctic is difficult so far.