Much of the education and research conducted at Hokkaido University is related to the SDGs. It is necessary to make many people aware of and interested in the SDGs. LASBOS can help it (especially in fields related to the ocean).
In FY2021, we plan to implement so far.
1) Provide the list of the education and research information disseminated by LASBOS that is relevant to the SDGs
2) Explain the relevance of the education and research to the SDGs
Explain as clearly as possible what is relevant and how it relates to the SDGs targets
The education and research information could include background knowledge of the SDGs
(We will update the explanations to make it easier to understand. At first it may be a short explanation.)
For some of the SDG-related items, LASBOS might do the following.
3) Develop specific plans and goals for how you will contribute to the SDGs. Self-evaluation will be performed every certain period of time.
The ideas and ways of doing this are described below. It will be updated depending on progress.
SDGs have set a deadline and specific goals. The agenda states follow-up and review are essential. This is the responsibility of the governments of each country, so reviews of all individual efforts are not required. However, follow-up and review of contributions to the SDGs at universities and companies need to be possible. In other words, the universities and companies should take responsibility for "not letting us are all talk and no action for SDGs".
We would like to list and record the following items so that the follow-up and review do not become too burdensome to progress.
1) Explain what goals in SDGs are related to and how (a few lines)
2) Action plan for achieving SDGs, what to do in the year, and what to do in years (one to several lines)
3) When the year of the plan has passed, report progress, self-evaluate, and re-develop
the plan (one to several lines)
4) If you plan to work with other people, report who you will work with and what you plan to do (one to several lines)